ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

tpm 2.0 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote expired1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tpm 2.0 problem
    Posted: 25 Oct 2021 at 11:48pm
Hello, I wanted to upgrade to win11, turned on fTPM in BIOS and installed win11, but ran into an unpleasant problem, my PC freezes for 0.5-1sec and there is a crackling sound in my headphones, if I turn off fTPM it disappears. Tell me what can be done and have you observed this?
My motherboard is Asrock b450m - hdv, the latest BIOS, namely 4.40, has now set 3.10, so far, there seems to be no such problem, but if there is, I will write this topic.
expired1111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote expired1111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Oct 2021 at 5:03am
Okay, the problems still remained, although the PC stopped turning on at all, pulled out 1 ssd, everything was fine, turned on fTPM back, again micro firms with a bang, who has encountered this? How then to upgrade to Windows 11, if there is such a problem?
foxx1337 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxx1337 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Jan 2022 at 7:34pm
Can confirm, happens on other boards as well. I have ordered the ASRock TPM 2.0 extension board and will test it as a workaround. I have also written both ASRock and AMD, which I encourage you to do as well.

What you're seeing is an extreme case of the problem - it happens more rarely. The real problem is elevated Deferred Procedure Call (DPC) latency and you can see it with thesycon's DPC Latency Checker - https://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/DPC-Latency-Checker.shtml

For example:

The computer was mostly idle at the time of that pic. Those red spikes shouldn't be there (and they're not if I turn off the fTPM).
Ryzen 3900X, Taichi X570
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic