ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

UEFI freezes when starting up.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gibbster1246 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UEFI freezes when starting up.
    Posted: 31 Oct 2021 at 4:44pm
Hello all I know nothing of computers but I just replaced my motherboard today. I got the exact same one I had before (B450M Pro4-CB) I got the new board in and tried to play call of duty but it was unplayable and things were loading extremely slow and it wasn?™t like that before. Then I noticed I had miss plugged a flat cable. They were supposed to be stacked but I had them side by side. So I fixed it then tried to power up and it went to the uefi. I didn?™t know what it was so I looked around it for a moment and noticed I could turn on ultra fast boot up so I did. I also turned on the boot beep. And when I saved and exited, it pulled up the cyberpowerpc logo then back to the uefi screen but this time the whole screen wasn?™t in frame and after a second the Pc froze. Now when those two flat cables are hooked the way I originally had them(which is incorrect) it will boot up no problem but when I put the two cables in their proper places it always goes to the uefi and freezes. Please help if possible. Thanks in advance.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2021 at 4:58pm
Dear Gibbster1246,

Thank you for posting your query to the ASRock forum.

Regarding your question, please refer to the page. 29 to clear the CMOS.
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/B450M%20Pro4.pdf

After the CMOS is cleared, the BIOS settings will load to default.
And the system should be able to boot up properly.

With thanks,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic