ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

m2 doesnt boot/get recognized during cold boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saand96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: m2 doesnt boot/get recognized during cold boot
    Posted: 26 Nov 2021 at 10:22pm
Hello, every morning/day my BIOS can't boot into Windows and can't detect my m2 NVME disk. (It just shows the Asrock logo and after 2-3 minutes either boots me into BIOS or shows the message of non boot 0x000000f). Storage shows N/A for my nvme disk. But if I plug in my Win USB Flash, go to diskpart, it doesnt see ANY of partitions of my m2 nvme so it is most likely not a boot file problem cuz the bios cant see disk at all.

To make it work I reboot my PC using power button when I'm in BIOS. After that I press my Power Button and it loads in Win like normal and disk works fine!!!

IMPORTANT: In fact, it will get recognized and will work good if after the shutdown less than 10 hours passed. Sometimes around 9 hours.

Is it somehow a 9-10 hours timer in BIOS or maybe ACPI???
Maybe BIOS is too quick and disk is not initialized that quickly?
Maybe Asrock needs to provide me with fixed BIOS?

A lot of WD850 users complain that they have the same issue so maybe Asrock already fixed that issue for them because I know they contacted support according to forums!

And I see on Asrock forums they fixed the same issue for the guy with HDD not detected during cold boot: https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16981&PN=1&title=z490mitx-ac-cold-boot-no-hdds-detected

I tried a lot of things: clearing CMOS, flashing/updating BIOS, pluggin ssd into m2_1 and m2_2 (same situation in both slots), changing ACPI settings in BIOS, trying to load with Intel Optane Premium settings in BIOS and with AHCI, fixing boot through command prompt and through USB Win10 Flash and creating a new boot instead of the old one too, turning Hibernation and Fast Startup OFF and ON, trying another PSU. Nothing fixes the issue.

System: Asrock B560m Steel Legend, i5-11400, onboard graphics (so I cant turn on CSM mode because Asrock doesnt let you do that with onboard video), Kingston A2000 1tb nvme disk (latest firmware according to Kingston SSD Manager), Win10 Pro 21H1

SSD works good if restart my PC during the day or even turn it off and then turn it on after a couple of hours.
saand96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saand96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Dec 2021 at 8:00pm
So no ideas?

Also it is not recognized if I unplug electricity from PSU for the whole night and then plug it in in the morning.
saand96 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saand96 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2022 at 2:55am
Bump
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic