ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z590-C/AC Won't Boot with 4 Sticks of Memory

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daxxruckus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z590-C/AC Won't Boot with 4 Sticks of Memory
    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 5:42am
Hi,

I have been running my system with 2 x 16gb Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 DDR4 3200mhz memory sticks. This memory is listed as supported on the support page for my z590-c/ac mother board. I have them in slots A2 and B2 per the manual. The system boots and runs fine like this.

I have added 2 more identical 16gb Corsair CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 DDR4 3200mhz memory sticks in slots A1 and B1, for a total of 4 identical memory sticks in all slots. When adding two more sticks in slots A1/B1, the system will not boot, it just stays at a black screen, will not even allow me into the UEFI BIOS.

I have tested all of these memory sticks in all combinations (both pairs in slots A1/B1 boot fine, and both pairs in slots A2/B2 boot fine), but only when having all 4 sticks in all slots the system will not boot.

The UEFI BIOS Is set to all AUTO settings to automatically detect memory, I have not made any BIOS setting changes.

Please advise what is needed to get all 4 memory sticks working at once?

Thanks!
CrossBread View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrossBread Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Dec 2021 at 6:10am
I'm having the exact same problem when adding the same Corsair 3200 MHz 16 gig modules in a pair to A1 and B1.

The difference being that my build shipped with 2 Ballistix 3000 MHz 8GB modules in A2 and B2.

The system will boot fine with either pair installed in A2 and B2, but if I install all four I just get a black screen and don't even make it to UEIF.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic