ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z490m-ITX/ac fan headers not working£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote flitzanu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z490m-ITX/ac fan headers not working£
    Posted: 29 Nov 2021 at 10:21am
I'm at a bit of a loss. I've ran this computer for about a year now, and when built, the CPU cooler fan and front exhaust fan were working. I haven't used the PC in several months and started looking, and it seems that the fans are no longer working.

The CPU cooler fan is on the CPU header, and not spinning (not on startup or fan testing).

The front exhaust fan is two-cord ARGB and is lit up, but not spinning, plugged into CHA1.

I tried swapping the plugs, neither worked. I tried using a Y splitter, neither worked.

I've tested the fans using an AC power plug, and the fans are not faulty, as they definitely spin and receive power using the power plug, so it only seems to be that the fan headers are not receiving power?

I've checked in BIOS, ran all the fan tests, all settings are turned on, etc., and nothing is showing any errors.

Is it possible that all fan headers have stopped working, or is there a way to test for power? I've never in decades had a fan header stop working, so it just seems unusual that neither of them are working now.

brief specs:
above mobo,
ARES 400w PSU
Intel i3-10100
no gpu, 16gb ram, 240gb m.2

This is used as a very low power HTPC and has honestly been sitting idle for months with very little use at all, especially nothing heavy or demanding.

Long story short - fans seem to be working just fine being powered outside of the mobo, but plugged into the mobo fan headers are not spinning or working.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic