ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

No longer posts after loading UEFI defaults

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi7chy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: No longer posts after loading UEFI defaults
    Posted: 08 Dec 2021 at 11:53am
This is my 3rd ITX build and 2nd with Asrock B550 Phantom Gaming mobo. Latest build which already came with BIOS 2.20 was working fine until I loaded UEFI defaults then it no longer posts. Tried unplugging power cord and putting jumper on clear CMOS pins for 3 secs and went as far as unplugging power supply from mobo and clearing CMOS for like 15 mins without success. Tried two different video cards which tested fine in a different system. Any tips to recover from this without going through RMA process? TIA
mi7chy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi7chy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2021 at 4:27am
Spoke to Asrock California support that suggested to unplug battery which involves removing the I/O shield and VRM heatsink then putting a jumper on clear CMOS pins for 13 secs. After doing so then reconnecting battery it powers up like before but still doesn't post so loading BIOS defaults possibly corrupted the BIOS. One thing I noticed that even though the motherboard was shipped with latest 2.20 BIOS the sticker says 1.20. My prior B550 Phantom Gaming motherboard shipped with older BIOS but was upgraded to newer version and had no issue with loading BIOS defaults. Maybe something to investigate.
Mountainman360 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mountainman360 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 5:16am
Hi mi7chy, After everything was said and done how did you make out? I'm in the middle of building with the Asrock Phantom Gaming ITX/ac with Ryzen 5 5600G. Came with bios P1.20 and the latest out there is P2.20 for this board. Already downloaded the bios to a FAT32 formatted USB. I have been having the same result with my video card. Did cmos clear earlier now starting to rebuild.
niles
mi7chy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mi7chy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Aug 2022 at 1:55pm
Your issue is different. You need at least BIOS version 2.00 to support 5600G so you have to use a different CPU to flash BIOS before you can use 5600G CPU.

https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Phantom%20Gaming-ITXax/index.asp#CPU

My case was different. Turned out resetting BIOS to defaults killed 5950x CPU so it was no longer communicating with GPU. Fortunately, AMD replaced CPU under warranty and I switched to Asus B550-I motherboard which doesn't have the issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic