ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Time keep reseting after power loss

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 4:24pm
Out of curiosity, what PSU are you using? Is it a PICO unit?

Also, can you PM me the serial numbers of the boards you had issues with, I will
send that along to my contacts at ASRock to check how and where they were handled
and or distributed to retailers.
TollKeeper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TollKeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jul 2022 at 6:58pm
First power supply was a 750 PowerSpec. John at ASRock suggested it was the problem, and I replaced it.

Second unit I can't remember if it's a EVGA 850 or a Corsair 850.

The serial numbers they can get from my RMA tickets

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TollKeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Aug 2022 at 3:24pm
This is just turning into a bloody nightmare.

ASRock got both the motherboards I had that were both having the issue. They were able to get them to power up, and function properly. The only issue I have is that they did not have a 5600x that I am using, but used a 5900x and 5950x.

They replaced them under RMA just in case. Both of the new ones are exhibiting the same behavior that the original ones had.

Being that the only component of this system that hasnt been replaced is the AMD CPU 5600x, John from ASRock is suggesting I replace that.

In the middle of that RMA with AMD now

My brother, who is a IT Engineer says its possible that its the CPU.
A couple "Geeks" I know say they can see no way that a CPU is going to cause a RTC clock issue. And it most certainly cant be the video card since all those lanes go thru the CPU. I also my video card to 4 other known good and working systems, and they had no issues.

Will have to see what AMD says.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TollKeeper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 1:32am
Well, I am happy to report that the new CPU allowed me to update my BIOS, and it also fixed my RTC clock. When I showed the Binary Initialization Failure screen shot to AMD, they expedited the RMA? Thought that was odd.

But a 18 month saga for me is coming to an end. Computer is up and running, GPU was also re-thermal pasted while it was apart.

I would post a picture of the completed build, but they dont allow it here?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Sep 2022 at 9:42pm
Glad to hear your issue was resolved. Sadly bad CPUs are a lot more common than
they once were.

You can post pics here but you need to upload them to an image hosting service not
the forums.

Then you just add [ img ]link to image[ /img ] (without the spaces in the img tags).

Edited by Xaltar - 13 Sep 2022 at 9:42pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic