ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x570 ITX/TB3 Water Block

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grasor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x570 ITX/TB3 Water Block
    Posted: 18 Dec 2021 at 12:32pm
Evening All,

I have an X570 ITX/TB3 motherboard which I am custom water cooling. Having a hard time getting the Thermaltake Pacific W7 water block to make good contact with the CPU resulting in 75-80C idle temps that drop dramatically to 45-50C if I push on the water block with my fingers. The water block literally slides around on the CPU. I've called Thermaltake, they walked me through the installation confirming I did everything correctly.

At a loss here, never had an issue mounting any type of cooling solution before. The back plate is firmly installed, and I snug "plussed" the stud retaining nuts. The thumb screws retaining the water block are literally in as far as they physically will go.

Any ideas?

Also, does anyone have a different recommended water block they have used with this motherboard? I can't use any of the AIOs as the case only has space for a single radiator so I'm using an external radiator set up with the custom loop which cools the CPU & GPU.

Lastly, has anyone used the Bitspower Monoblock for this motherboard? Work well?

Thanks
G
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic