ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[ISSUE] Z690M-ITX/ax no BT and WiFi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z690mitx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [ISSUE] Z690M-ITX/ax no BT and WiFi
    Posted: 25 Dec 2021 at 5:56pm
New PC build with Asrock Z690M-ITX/ax and i5-12600K. It has ??02.11ax (WiFi 6E) + Bluetooth?? Tried fresh install of Windows 10 and 11.

Installed drivers from Asrock driver utility, from Windows update and downloaded Bluetooth and Wireless drivers from Intel?˜s website. Drivers don?™t appear in ?œdevice manager?? Windows 11 troubleshooting says ?œDevice does not have Bluetooth?? Updated BIOS to the latest version of 2.03 and set default BIOS settings. Spent like 10 hours reinstalling different versions with no change.

The motherboard has 2 ethernets and these work and are only ones shown in network.

Any ideas how to fix this issue as my peripherals use BT and I don?˜t have ethernet cable in my place so the PC is limited in use?

device manager win11 https://i.imgur.com/gzIYey2.png
bios https://i.imgur.com/vsNNEda.png but as I see from manual there are no references to wlan/bt/wireless in the bios.

Intel killer suite doesn't allow installation as "no compatible hardware found". In device manager no references to bt/wifi too. AX Drivers are installed as when I manually install them they ask if I want to repair current ones.
z690mitx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z690mitx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 5:49am
before I tried discharging but now I did this in combination with cmos reset via shorting jumper. while it did reset cmos, bt/wifi still not recognized as existing...
z690mitx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z690mitx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2021 at 6:54am
cmos battery is quite tightly connected and I'm afraid to brake it (cable or connection) so can't remove by putting more force into it as only pulling on cable is possible so won't attempt it on new mobo that isn't working :(
z690mitx View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote z690mitx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Dec 2021 at 10:21pm
the metal plate of wifi module was damaged and m2 got disconnected. it came like this out of the box and the box wasn't damaged so not sure if somebody else took it out before or it got like this out of factory. I still RMA'ed and hopefully get the money back to buy new and ok.

When I put IO shield the wifi popping metals did came into slight contact and I thought IO shield is badly cut and proceeded to build the PC.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic