ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H370M-ITX and QNAP NIC not detected

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alzawada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H370M-ITX and QNAP NIC not detected
    Posted: 27 Dec 2021 at 10:46pm

Hello,

I have a H370m-itx and have and issue with QNAP 2.5Gb NIC QXG-2G1T-I225. Looks that pci-e card is not detected on this motherboard.

I'v try to change manually PCIE1 Link speed (Auto, Gen1, 2, 3) , without success.

Card works perfectly in other machine (Asus X99 based motherboard), so its not and issue with QNAP.

The card is powered, as its gets warm but is not detected in the os.

Lates bios version already installed.

Regards,
Al
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2022 at 11:32pm
Please have a look at this slideshow from Qnap.
https://www.qnap.com/s3/qutube/slides/MDPAG0QB6uM.pdf
This card is often used in their NAS, and is an addon.
Also when checking the specs, I see it is PCI Express 2.0 with one Lane.
Your board uses PCIE 3.0, maybe an option would be if possible to set the PCIE slot to Gen 2.
And ask QNAP Support, if tyhis card is UEFI compatible, if not, this card does not report the proper information to UEFI.
UEFI sends out a signal when the system starts, All hardware must reply with information about what kind of product, what resources it uses etc.
This means that all the hardware that reports the corerct info, is already active, even before the OS starts.
Hardware that doesn't provide correct info, is not seen, since it is not initialized during boot.
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic