ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

MO-BO no display!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cesar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MO-BO no display!!!!
    Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 9:19am
I finally completed my build and when i powered on my system the fans turn on and my CPU hydro cooler turns so it looks like everything is on, but my monitor says no signal, what could this be??
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 9:24am
Full system specs please, including power supply.
Cesar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cesar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 9:46am

Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz 1151 Boxed Processor
Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB SATA III 6Gb/s 2.5" I
Corsair Hydro Series H110i GT High Performance Liq
FirePower Technology Fatl1ty 750 Watt ATX Fully Mo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)

ASRock Z170 Gaming K4 LGA 1151 ATX Intel Motherboard

CASE is a Corsair 540

Edited by Cesar - 15 Feb 2016 at 9:49am
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 2:41pm
I take it you are using the iGPU and have no discrete GPU?

The RAM you listed is not on the memory support list for your board although the 4gb version is. If your board shipped with an early BIOS version then that may be what is causing the system not to post.

Take a look at the sticker/s on your BIOS chips and let us know what version is printed on them. You may need to buy/borrow a single module of DDR4 RAM that is on your support list and test with it. If it posts then you can update the BIOS to the latest version and try the Gskill memory again. There has been a lot of memory support added since early BIOS versions.
Cesar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cesar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 3:50pm
Ok will try that thank you
Cesar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cesar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Feb 2016 at 11:23pm
I forgot to mention that the motherboard doesn't beep or give any errors, even when the RAM is removed.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Feb 2016 at 1:03am
That is interesting. Try checking the 8 pin power connector and making sure it is the CPU power connector not a PCIe power connector. The board will not even attempt the post process if that is wrong. Check all your power connections and make sure they are firmly seated too. 

Also just for good measure try clearing CMOS using this method.

In fact I would disconnect everything unessential from the system and try a minimal post. Disconnect everything and only leave the CPU and one stick of RAM installed, no keyboard or mouse/other peripherals either. See if the system posts like this off the iGPU. If not remove the RAM and see if you get a post beep code (you will need to connect a speaker to the speaker header if you have not already).

If this still fails then strip the board out of the system and check to make sure there are no shorting standoffs or loose screws etc under it then try a bench run outside of the case as I described above again. It will also help if you can get your hands on a stick of RAM that is listed on the product memory support list to test with.

Hopefully at least one of these things will get you up and running. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic