ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Extreme 6 MB, UEFI P3.10 won't boot Windows 10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Extreme 6 MB, UEFI P3.10 won't boot Windows 10
    Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 4:25am
ASRock Extreme6 UEFI Ver P3.10 will not boot Windows 10 if Fast Boot is enabled under the Boot Menu.

Just a FYI so you can look into it and put out a new Version.

Brit666 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brit666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 4:45am
Thought I should add this I had posted to the MS Windows 10 support site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Windows 8.1 and installed 10 TP in dual boot mode.

Now, when I turn the computer on, or reboot it, it just sits there at a black screen. It will not shutdown or reboot on it's own either, it just hangs till I hit the reset button to reboot it or hold the power button down to shut it off.

In order to get it to boot I have to turn it on/reboot and hit DEL until the UEFI screen comes up, right arrow over to EXIT and hit enter, at which point it then goes to the screen where I can pick to boot either 8.1 or 10 TP.

I have to do it this way every time.

I restored my 8.1 install from a backup and it works fine.

I reinstalled 10 TP and right back to the same problem of having to go through the UEFI interface every time.

Anyone else having this issue, or is there some setting somewhere I can change to make it behave like it's supposed to?

parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2015 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by Brit666 Brit666 wrote:

ASRock Extreme6 UEFI Ver P3.10 will not boot Windows 10 if Fast Boot is enabled under the Boot Menu.

Just a FYI so you can look into it and put out a new Version.

Originally posted by Brit666 Brit666 wrote:

Thought I should add this I had posted to the MS Windows 10 support site.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have Windows 8.1 and installed 10 TP in dual boot mode.

Now, when I turn the computer on, or reboot it, it just sits there at a black screen. It will not shutdown or reboot on it's own either, it just hangs till I hit the reset button to reboot it or hold the power button down to shut it off.

In order to get it to boot I have to turn it on/reboot and hit DEL until the UEFI screen comes up, right arrow over to EXIT and hit enter, at which point it then goes to the screen where I can pick to boot either 8.1 or 10 TP.

I have to do it this way every time.

I restored my 8.1 install from a backup and it works fine.

I reinstalled 10 TP and right back to the same problem of having to go through the UEFI interface every time.

Anyone else having this issue, or is there some setting somewhere I can change to make it behave like it's supposed to?

ASRock has multiple "Extreme6" mother board models, going back several years, both AMD and Intel processor types. So we have no idea what board you have.

Your post in the Windows 10 support site does not mention the use of Fast Boot. If you did not include the build number of the Win 10 TP version you are using, that makes it more difficult for MS to find the issue, if it exists.

Fast Boot has two settings, which one are you using?

What I see happening in your work-around to get the OS selection screen displayed, is you don't get the Windows Fast Start Up feature.  Windows Fast Start Up only works from a cold boot, not restarts. Your post does say, "... when I turn the computer on, or reboot it", but given the lack of other details, I can't be certain that is right.

I just set Fast Boot to Fast in the UEFI of my Z87 Extreme6 board, using Win 10 TP Build 10074, and it booted fine from a cold start.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic