ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

EPYC3451D412-2T reboot loop after bios udate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote heiningair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: EPYC3451D412-2T reboot loop after bios udate
    Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:23pm
Hi,

I recently purchased a new EPYC3451D412-2T mainboard.
When I first started the board (with IPMI connection), I was able to access the IPMI gui and everything seemed to work. Sadly I couldnt access the BIOS settings after powering on, so I tried to update the bios via IPMI gui.

I used the bios file like described here:
https://www.asrockrack.com/general/productdetail.asp?Model=EPYC3451D4I2-2T#Download

Unfortunately the bios update didnt seem to work and didnt finish (the window was showing processing status from time to time but never finished).
Since that time I cant reach the IPMI gui anymore and I am stuck in a reboot loop. I can see in my network status, that IPMI is connecting for a few seconds. While a single power cycle I can even establish a connection with impitool in this ~5 to 10 second time window. Then it starts over and the connection is lost again.

Is there any way to get around this issue? Since there are no jumpers available to currently disable IPMI I cant come up with any solution to this.

I hope someone is able to point me to the right direction?! thanks in advance!
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2022 at 11:55pm
For the products fromn ASRock Rack, please use the support form
https://event.asrockrack.com/tsd.asp?ln=en
When using a gmail account, plese check your spam folder
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic