ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 Taichi and x4x4x4x4 PCIe Bifucation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The_Dragonfly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 Taichi and x4x4x4x4 PCIe Bifucation
    Posted: 21 Jan 2022 at 9:45am
Hello, I recently purchased this Mobo for the express purpose of running a dedicated server for storage of all my things i dont want on my main system. Im fine with setting up such processes -

Buuuut I require the ASRock B550 Taichi with its AMD Ryzen 5 5600G CPU to have my Asus Hyper M.2 x16 Gen 4 card function with all 4 SSD/NVMe drives on it fully accessible - and i cannot find were in BIOS i set the PCIe lanes to x4x4x4x4 so that all 4 SSDs are functional and seen by the BIOS and OS ?
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 11:14pm
Hello,

It is difficult to tell where the option is, because it is usually included in AMD PBS, under advanced`.
You have to set the NVME Raid Mode to enabled, then should have the option available.
But since this changes with every new Agesa code
Thje trick is that you require RAID mode, and then split up the PCIE slot in x4 x4 x4 x4
Please check the specs, Section Slots, because it depends on the CPU, how many PCIE lanes are available for each slot
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B550%20Taichi/index.asp#Specification
It has been tested on B550M pro4, so I guess it will work
However you use a Cezanne CPU, and it depends on much slots are occupied.
With PCIE1 and PCIE3 in use, bot slots have only 8 lanes, so can handle 2 M.2 cards
Also there is not much to gain from 4 M,.2, since the PCIE speed is the limiting factor.
Feel free to share your findings, on the forum, other users can benefit from it.
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic