ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X570 Pro4 BIOS won't update past 3.0 with 5800x
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X570 Pro4 BIOS won't update past 3.0 with 5800x

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawstin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X570 Pro4 BIOS won't update past 3.0 with 5800x
    Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 12:03pm
After upgrading to a Ryzen 7 5800x and going through the process of updating the bios to be compatible without a Ryzen 3000 series processor, the bios will not update past version 3.0. This is an issue because games with Easy Anti Cheat will cause the computer to just shut off. I have tried pretty much everything but a BIOS update to fix this and people with the same issue as me pretty much all say updating their bios fixed this issue.
I have tried several flashdrives but no matter what I do the instant flash utility will not detect any version of the bios for the x570 pro4. The flashdrives were all formatted to fat32, I have tried every usb port on the motherboard, I have tried small and large fat32 paritions on the usbs, and nothing I have done has been able to allow me to update my BIOS.
Is there some alternative method I need to be using besides the Instant Flash utility or do I just need to buy a new motherboard?
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jan 2022 at 4:01pm
Which version are you trying to update to, 4.20?
I am sure this is a silly question but did you extract the raw BIOS file to the
flash drives or just put the zip on there? The zip file needs to be extracted.
Rango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 4:37am
I have exactly the same problem,instant flash just dont see rom files on usb drive.I cant past P3.0 version,same processor.I have unzip latest rom bios 4.50 on usb drive and formatted it to fat32 format but when I press instant flash it just post message "no image file".
Rango View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rango Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 4:38am
Did you find solution?
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jan 2023 at 6:33am
You mentioned X570 Pro4, BIOS version 3.00, and R7-5800X.

According to AsRock BIOS page, X570 Pro4 BIOS 3.00 does NOT support 5000-series CPUs. That support starts at BIOS 3.20.

X570M (***M***) Pro4 starts supporting 5000-series CPU at BIOS 3.00.

Is it possible you mixed up X570M Pro4 and X570 Pro4 BIOS?
grievingarchangel View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grievingarchangel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2023 at 10:36am
Same problem here as well. New board, all hardware is known good, BIOS is at 3.6. Upgrading an NVIDIA 1650 Super to a 3070 OC, and no video out. Trying to update the BIOS to troubleshoot the card further, and it WILL NOT SEE THE ROM no matter what I try. Loaded both 4.2 and 4.5, and neither could be found. Did a full wipe of the jump drives using Part magic to verify that they are clean, then formatted them in FAT32. The really annoying thing is that the UEFI sees the jump drives; the tool just cannot detect the roms. This is my first time dealing with ASRock, and the only reason I went with this board was I was in need of a micro-ATX (X570M Pro4), and this is the only one with 128 GB RAM support. Considering that I, someone with over 20 years of experience in IT, and in the past was an authorized service provider for Cisco, Dell, HP, and Lenovo (enterprise equipment and endpoint hosts) cannot get this to work tells me that their quality is trash. At this point, I am going to break down and get another case so I can go with a full ATX, RMA this one, and get an Asus. Reading through the forums there is no excuse for this poor of design quality, and in this day and age, not having an OS-based flash utility is near inexcusable. For everyone dealing with this issue, do yourself a favor, additional costs of better brands are not worth the time and aggravation of dealing with this.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic