ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Deskmini 110 Random Shutoffs and Problems Starting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Deskmini 110 Random Shutoffs and Problems Starting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dashreeses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Deskmini 110 Random Shutoffs and Problems Starting
    Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 3:47am
I have had issues with my Deskmini 110 for quite some time and I have had it to the point where I am just going to throw it out and get something else.

Suffice to say the machine was built well. There is an I5-7600k in it with a Noctua low-profile fan on it.

The system will randomly fully shut down - not even blue screen, just straight off. It tends to do this right when hitting enter to log-in to Windows (I have seen this repeatedly), or if I have two monitors hooked up and one is running video, it tends to crap out fairly quickly.

The strange thing is, when hitting the power button, it won't even turn on. I have to physically disconnect the power brick plug and reinsert it in order for it to turn on.

I figure my only recourse is potentially using Intel XTU as I have heard of elsewhere, but I am uncertain of what settings to apply to the CPU/GPU to undervolt it. I honestly do not care about lowered performance - I just want this thing to be stable and be able to play a damn Youtube video without imploding.

I apologize for my lack of knowledge with hardcore testing in this case, but it is my general presumption there is an issue with the GPU or the power connection.

Any advice on this matter would be truly appreciated.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Feb 2022 at 5:47am
What power brick are you using? If memory serves there are multiple variants with
the lowest wattage ones being somewhat problematic with higher wattage CPUs.
I believe you can pick up higher wattage power bricks off Ebay or you could try
contact ASRock tech support and inquire with them:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Alternatively you could look into picking up something like an i5 7600T, this is
the low power variant of your CPU.

For a more quick fix (not ideal) you could try checking in your BIOS. Take a look at
pages 42 and 43 (47 and 48 by page count) of your user manual:
https://download.asrock.com/Manual/DeskMini%20110%20Series.pdf

Disable Intel Turbo boost
Enable Intel Speed Shift Technology and check what settings it exposes, you may
be able to lower your core frequency here
Reduce both long and short duration power limits, I would try 75% of the current
values for both then reduce further if necessary.

jhone432 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhone432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Aug 2023 at 5:49am
Ensure that all power cables and connections are secure. Make sure the power cord is properly plugged in and that the power supply unit (PSU) switch is in the "ON" position.

Overheating and Cooling:
Excessive heat can lead to shutoffs. Check if the CPU cooler and system fans are functioning properly. Clean out any dust buildup that might be obstructing airflow. Consider monitoring temperatures with software tools to see if overheating is the cause.

Check for Loose Components:
Verify that all internal components, including RAM, CPU, and power cables, are securely seated in their respective slots and connectors.https://advancedwindowglassrepair.com/

Power Supply Issues:
Power supply problems can lead to unstable performance. If you suspect the PSU is faulty, consider testing with a known-good power supply.
SJHUR
jhoncarles725 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jhoncarles725 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2024 at 1:14am
Sorry to hear about the Deskmini 110 troubles! Have you checked for any driver updates or BIOS firmware upgrades? It might be worth exploring those avenues first. If stability is your top priority, undervolting with Intel XTU could be a potential solution https://invisibletext.net/. Start with conservative adjustments to CPU/GPU voltages and monitor the results. Also, ensure the power connections are secure. If issues persist, reaching out to the manufacturer's support or community forums could provide more tailored assistance. Best of luck troubleshooting
ghrt
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic