ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z77 Extreme4 - Bad Slots, Bad Ram or Bad Settings?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z77 Extreme4 - Bad Slots, Bad Ram or Bad Settings?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FS_OK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 5:15am
With A1 and B1 populated only...

With all slots populated....

And I'd realized it was already set to 6.50v...I read that wrong...I'll be moving my voltage back up to 6.50v
FS_OK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FS_OK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 6:07am
Okay, so here's what I'm thinking, and I'm not the most impatient of persons though I'm already considering a couple of options here.

1) New mobo that supports my current hardware

2) With my current rig still functioning, even though it's registering less ram than I have installed, is to buy a new mem kit (2 sticks) at 16GB rather than the 4 sticks of 8GB I'm currently using.

3) Or buy a new mobo that would require me to purchase a new CPU (LGA 1150) and ram kit (16GB)

I'm considering just building off this Mobo...

http://amzn.com/B00K8KPXUO

using this CPU...

http://amzn.com/B00KPRWAX8

I'd rather resolve the issue and possibly help others who may experience this same or similar situation, however, I have a large budget to play with and dropping some $$ would resolve my problem very quickly.

Your thoughts?

Edited by FS_OK - 06 Mar 2016 at 6:09am
FS_OK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FS_OK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2016 at 4:31pm
ChrisVMLabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisVMLabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Dec 2020 at 6:13pm
I had exactly the same issue today with my Z77 Extremer M. It was an ex home server that out in storage for about a year. Turn on today, only ram a2-b2 slots are recognised. But if I remove ram in a2-b2, the ram in a1-b1 will be recognised. System browser always show all four ram sticks are there, tho. Also, iGPU options are missing. Not sure if this is some kind of a time bomb or not.
ChrisVMLabs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisVMLabs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 8:19pm
i actually solved my problem (Z77 Extreme4-M). the story is a bit complicated. I flashed version 1.50 by accident and bicked the board. I had to get a BIOS programmer to flash the bios back to 1.90. The board was unbricked but the same issues were still there. I then tried flash 1.80 and cleared CMOS afterwards. And suprisingly, all back to normal. I wonder if I simply flashed bios 1.80 and cleared the CMOS could solve the issue or not. I thin it would be highly likely.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Dec 2020 at 11:18pm
I have seen similar issues on Z77 systems before, in most cases it required
a new BIOS ROM (or a ROM flasher to flash externally) and then a full CMOS clear.
I suspect a bit of buggy code in the core UEFI from intel that (very) slowly corrupts
itself as it isn't restricted to any one manufacturer. In almost all cases a fresh
ROM (or fresh rewrite via flasher) fixed the issue combined with a CMOS clear
(battery out in some cases).
nowayHussein View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nowayHussein Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2023 at 9:29pm
I have EXACTLY. THE. SAME. PROBLEM.

"Wisdom of the ancients"

Here I am, feeling like this:

Edited by Xaltar - 21 Mar 2023 at 10:56pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic