ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

[PROBLEM]Win7/64 bit on Asrock P75 Pro3

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chr0n0s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: [PROBLEM]Win7/64 bit on Asrock P75 Pro3
    Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 10:35pm
I cant install windows 7 64 bit on my new rig, asrock P75 Pro3 + 8 gb ddr3 + Intel  i5 3570.
the windows installer is not going to accept the sata driver at the begining of the installation. i tried out allready all the versions of intel series 7 c216. Its asking for the drivers and messaging that no new device was found after trying to install those drivers.
tried to run in AHCI and IDE mods.
all the hardware is fully functionaly and except the new asrock mainboard was running in my another pc.
so whats the problem any ideas?

Edited by chr0n0s - 03 Jun 2015 at 10:36pm
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2015 at 11:13pm
That's strange, since Win 7 has a native AHCI driver, and there should be no need to install an AHCI driver. You can install the Intel AHCI/RAID driver after the OS installation.

What model is the drive you are using as the OS drive? Is it new, or was it used before? If not new, did you delete all the existing partitions on that drive? Is that drive seen in the BIOS and Windows installer?

Are you using the Custom Installation option of the Win 7 installer?

The Intel AHCI driver is the only one you could install, and is in the SATA Floppy Image ver:11.2.0.1006 file on your board's download page. Did you extract this .zip file, and copy the folder to a USB flash drive?

You'll always have better performance with any drive using AHCI mode,  the default SATA mode.

Another tip, only have the target OS drive installed in the PC (other drives can simply have their power connectors removed), or the Windows installer will put the boot partition on another drive. If you later remove the other drive or it fails, Windows then won't boot.
chr0n0s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chr0n0s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 12:04am
The SSD i have is working properly right now while typing this text im running my old win 7 32 bit on it. Iv installed it on the same hardware but with an other mainboard and less ram without any problems. looks like the mainboard is working properly, why the heck the windows isnt going to be installed... my first time im bitching around with a non-raid mainboard...
ill try to catch some one from microsoft tomorrow...

Edited by chr0n0s - 04 Jun 2015 at 12:09am
chr0n0s View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chr0n0s Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2015 at 3:49am
iv bought another win 7 cause i thought the dvd is trash. no way, its still not going i guess its the mainboard. back to gigabyte and asus....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic