ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Gaming Zone > Gaming PC Build Advice
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Cant get new RYZEN CPU to run with AB350 gaming K4
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Cant get new RYZEN CPU to run with AB350 gaming K4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cant get new RYZEN CPU to run with AB350 gaming K4
    Posted: 13 Mar 2022 at 1:01am
I checked the cPU compatibility list for the Motherboard and up dated the BIOS to 5.80 which is the highest i can go as my current CPU is a summit ridge RYZEN 5 1600, i checked the serial number of the new CPU and it matched exactly the number of the 7 3700X (3rd gen ryzen CPU) i want to upgrade to, and it said that the bios version needed to to be 5.80 or higher so i purchased the CPU brand new fitted it into my PC and it wont boot up..the PC stats runs for 10 seconds then as soon as the CPU fan starts the PC reboots itself and does that over and over.

so i double check every thing making sure the CPU/fan are seated properly etc..exactly the same issue..
so in order to get my PC working i reinstalled my old CPU and it booted up straight away.

I have no idea how i am supposed to get my PC to boot up with this CPU
if you check the CPU compatibility list for the Gaming K4 Motherboard you will see this very CPU listed as 100% Compatible
apart from the fact that i have effectively wasted £200 what else can i try to get it running..its really annoying when i was so careful to only get CPU that is on the compatibility list for my motherboard and it wont work
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Mar 2022 at 10:55pm
Hello Stu,

Which BIOS was on the board, before you flashed the BIOS?
Keep in mind you have to have at least Version 3.40, before updating to the latest BIOS, 3.40 is a bridge BIOS, then the next step would be to update to BIOS to 5.40, from there you can update to 5.80 and above
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20AB350%20Gaming%20K4/index.asp#BIOS
Kind Regards
Stu18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 12:54am
Hi Thanks for your reply...5.40 was on the board before i upgraded to 5.80
i followed the upgrade path for a summit ridge CPU
on the 7 3700x CPU that i have purchased to upgrade to (so i can run Windows 11) the requirement according to the CPU support list for my Motherboard is 5.80 or higher..so there should be no reason at all why it wont boot up perfectly normally
I have emailed AS ROCK System support as well as posting on this forum so hopefully they will also get back to me with a reasonable solution
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2022 at 4:32pm
I think, ASRock support can help you.
One thing, are you certain the 3700X CPU is okay, because this should work
Kind Regards
Stu18 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stu18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 8:01pm
I bought in brand new in the box the seal was completely intact and i registered it with AMD by scanning the QR code on the label and they confimed it was agenuine AMD product and the hologram was correct for a genuine boxed item..yet i still cant get it to boot it is very strange because it is like it doesn't work
AS ROck system support got back to me and told me to update the BIOS to 6.40 which i did but still no luck
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 1:18am
Unfortunately, new, sealed in box doesn't necessarily mean guaranteed working anymore.
I am not saying the CPU is dead, only that new doesn't mean what it used to. In
quite a few cases on the forums a DOA CPU was behind other community member's issues.
Most often a marginal/bad IMC (memory controller on the CPU).

If you can get the system into the UEFI with your old CPU, try setting the RAM
to XMP off and the lowest frequency you have an option for. If the IMC is marginal
then that might get you a POST screen on the 3700x. If it works, RMA the CPU.
It means the IMC is faulty/bad/marginal and not operating within spec.
theMovement View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theMovement Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2022 at 2:05pm
Originally posted by threadzipper1957 threadzipper1957 wrote:

Hello Stu,

Which BIOS was on the board, before you flashed the BIOS?
Keep in mind you have to have at least Version 3.40, before updating to the latest BIOS, 3.40 is a bridge BIOS, then the next step would be to update to BIOS to 5.40, from there you can update to 5.80 and above
http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/Fatal1ty%20AB350%20Gaming%20K4/index.asp#BIOS

I'm at 3.00 can I just jump right up to the bridge BIOS or do I have to work my way up to 3.30 to safely install newer BIOS updates?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic