ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450 ITX/AC Windows 11 Boot Manager Error Loop

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pmdooley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450 ITX/AC Windows 11 Boot Manager Error Loop
    Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 8:37am
I'm praying somebody on here can help me... I'm at a complete loss. So attached you'll see the error message that I continually get. I no longer get the ASRock splash screen to even attempt to get into the BIOS and when it loads into this Windows Boot Manager error screen the keyboard is not responsive either to select an OS or to hit ESC for UEFI Firmware Settings. It literally just sits on this screen for a minute or a few and then machine completely powers down again. Research I did was saying that it is from bad hardware that was installed but I hadn't installed anything and was running on it hard all day yesterday without any issue whatsoever. I've even opened up the box and unplugged both HDDs and attempted to boot up to see if maybe the primary drive failed but nothing changes. I've also tried to repair by booting off of a bootable USB (both Windows 10 created from Windows media creation tool and Rufus for Windows 11). It doesn't even attempt to read any drives whatsoever. I honestly don't even know where to go from here any direction would be greatly appreciated. Ever since I updated to Windows 11 I've had nothing but problems intermittently but this one seems to have gotten the best of me. Specs of the machine are:

AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
Corsair 2x16GB RAM
RTX 3070
Barracuda 2TB HDD (OS)
Western Digital 160GB HDD
NVMe Samsung 1TB
PNY Sata 140 GB SSD

Thanks in advance for all of your help guys!!!! I'm truly at a loss here...

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 11:56am
Dear Pmdooley,
Thank you for the posting.

There are some suggestions below for you to verify the system.

1. Clear CMOS by referring to user manual page. 30.
User manual: https://download.asrock.com/Manual/Fatal1ty%20B450%20Gaming-ITXac.pdf
2. Only install CPU, PSU, Cooler, RAM, Graphic card to check if the system can boot into BIOS setup.
3. Install one stick RAM on each slots by turns to repeat suggestion 2 to check if the problem relates to specific RAM stick or slot.
4. If possible, please use other CPU and RAM to cross test to check if the problem relate to the compatibility of the memory and CPU.

For further assistance, you can use our support form to contact us.
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic