ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - asrock deluxe 55 do not powerup??icon=forum_images
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

asrock deluxe 55 do not powerup??icon=forum_images

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldotti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: asrock deluxe 55 do not powerup??icon=forum_images
    Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 3:38am
hi , i am facing a bit of a problem with your motherboard
model name asrock p55 deluxe
the motherboard do not power power up.
i have change psu but that is not the problem.
i noticed that if i short circuit the psu , the motherboard power up and is working (the standby is working) until i close the psu from the on off button that has. then if i reopen the button the motherboard will not powerup.
can you send me what circuit , mosfet i could check

thank you
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 10:39am
Originally posted by eldotti eldotti wrote:

hi , i am facing a bit of a problem with your motherboard
model name asrock p55 deluxe
the motherboard do not power power up.
i have change psu but that is not the problem.
i noticed that if i short circuit the psu , the motherboard power up and is working (the standby is working) until i close the psu from the on off button that has. then if i reopen the button the motherboard will not powerup.
can you send me what circuit , mosfet i could check

thank you

I'm sorry, but all electronics manufactures do not supply information about fixing their products to the consumer/user.

If they did, they could be held legally responsible if people were injured while trying to repair them.

I don't understand the description of your testing of the board and PSU:

How can you short circuit the two pins that cause a PSU to start up, and have the 24 pin power connector connected to the board at the same time?

Have you tested the power switch on your PC case?

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2015 at 2:33pm
I think I know what he did but I hesitate to post it here where it may be used by an amateur and cause serious damage to the system if done wrong. There is a way to bridge the PSU power on pins on the 24pin connector while it is connected to the motherboard, I would however strongly recommend against it. It sounds to me like there is damage to the power circuits of the board. As Parsec said, you will not get the information you are after here as it is not a "safe" repair for the average user. You may want to try some electronic guru forums.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 12:48am
Xaltar, you're right, that is actually all to easy to do. But why not just short the two pins on the System Panel Header for the case power switch? That's all the power switch does anyway.

Or is that what you are referring to? Approve

Can you imagine what the schematic for a mother board would look like? With multiple layers in the board? Ermm

I've heard the schematics for CPUs, when printed, must be laid out on the floor of a room and assembled from multiple sheets of paper. Otherwise the individual components are to small to see.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 12:56am
Haha, try a GPU schematic, it would take up a huge warehouse floor and probably still need a magnifying glass to read Geek

Back on topic though, if the board powers up and functions normally when you bridge the power pins then why not simply solder in some wires and add a switch to the case that shorts and unshorts them like it used to be back in the old days before ATX power systems. 

Edited by Xaltar - 07 Jun 2015 at 12:58am
eldotti View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eldotti Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2015 at 1:03am
i found the shorted mosfets near the on button.
regarding the
"But why not just short the two pins on the System Panel Header for the case power switch? That's all the power switch does anyway."

it is not the same i want to "powerup" the standby circuit .

Edited by eldotti - 07 Jun 2015 at 1:07am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic