ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > HTPC&Gaming Barebone&Others
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock DeskMini X300 memory slot B1 issue

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jotie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2023 at 5:24pm
In my case it was the X300 DeskMini motherboard which was broken, I swapped the processor and the issue remained.
Jo.
zillion42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zillion42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2023 at 5:32pm
Hi,

I also have a broken B1 Ram Slot. I double checked the CPU Pins, that really wasn't the problem. Better be careful when inserting SO-Dimms, don't bend the Motherboard, give it counterpressure from below.
Really unfortunate.
zillion42 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zillion42 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2023 at 2:23am
Hi again,

I spent the whole day assembling and disassembling the the whole system, and I fixed it on the 6th attempt.
It was in fact a slightly slightly bent CPU Pin. If you look on the CPU, the side that faces the memory banks, the outer pins, that was it for me.

I also used a soft toothbrush with alcohol to completely wipe all thermal paste and used magnifying glasses, headlights and macro photos to help in the process.
I also brushed the socket with the toothbrush and alcohol.

Hope you guys have the patience.

You really don't want single channel ram.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic