ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > OverClocking(OC) Zone > OC Technical Discussion
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not able to overclock 3600 and 3600x properly

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Butlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not able to overclock 3600 and 3600x properly
    Posted: 03 May 2022 at 1:34am
Hey, I have two CPUs, one I purchased for myself and the other for my brother. I am trying to OC both processors but it gets too hot within 5 minutes. I am not sure why this is happening.

Both of the processors are using ASRock B450 Steel Legend Socket AM4 I got from Amazon, and they came great. Now I am planning to buy a CPU cooler that can go with the b450 motherboard and keep the CPUs cool.

Is there anyone who is using a CPU cooler with any of the processors mentioned? Please let me know about your experience.
ButlerNoobah
Ronan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ronan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2022 at 2:02am
Yes, of course, your processor will heat up if you OC, and also that without a cooler. I mean what are you thinking to do. If you could have continued doing this there was a good chance that you would burn the CPU itself.

Now back to the question. Well for 3600X and 36000 I would recommend buying Noctua NH D-15 or if you are into AIO then NZXT X53.

I have been using NHD15 for my 3600 and it works well, and since 3600x is almost similar in nature, I guess it will work fine with it as well. With the cooler, I am getting a temp of an average of 60 Celcius when fully overclocked and have no trouble with lags.

You can also see 3600x and 3600 complete benchmarks and analyses when paired with NHD15 to make a decision.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic