ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Motherboard cannot recognize Sata card

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c-moto Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Motherboard cannot recognize Sata card
    Posted: 10 May 2022 at 9:49pm
Hi all,

I'm hoping someone here can tell me if the ASRock E3C226D2I LGA 1150 Mini-ITX should be compatable with a Silverstone ECS06 6-Port SATA Gen3 (6Gbps) Non-RAID PCI Express Gen3 x2 card. The card uses AsMedia 1166 controller chipset.

I have installed one and the Bios utility can't see the card which is seated in the PCI-e slot

Should i be able to see the sata controller card in my Bios, under advanced tab > North bridge configuration ?

I'm running P3.50 UEFI version

My OS is unraid, i have sent in my diagnostics log to those guys and the moderator tells me the card is not being detected.

Any guidance hugely appreciated, the sata card is brand new, so i have to assume its my lack of know how, could be a faulty card i suppose
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Aug 2022 at 9:57pm
Maybe ASRock Rack support can answer this question
https://event.asrockrack.com/tsd.asp
Wne using gmail, check the spam folder for replies
I don't think the card should be found in BIOS, maybe it has its own BIOS.
But check with the manufacturer, if the card is UEFI Compatible.
When the answer is
It should work
It should be compatible with PCIE .... protocol
It always worked

It's not tested, yoiust ask for a clear yes or no, all other evasive answers are not worth reading.
I know that the newer Dawicontrol cards often work without a problem on desktop boards.
Kind Regards
kerberos_20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kerberos_20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Aug 2022 at 11:56pm
external cards if they dont have its own ooprom (bios firmware) cant be used in bios, they will however work in windows as long you provide drivers to it

if you have CSM disabled, card need to have uefi compatible ooprom, if its enabled, then legacy ooprom should be enough, also make sure that loading optional ooproms is enabled in bios settings

and if you manage to initialise ooprom through bios, advanced bios settings will not see it, once POST finishes, then right before boot you should see configuration for your drives inserted there, if not ooprom not loaded

Edited by kerberos_20 - 24 Aug 2022 at 11:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic