ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B550 Taichi Razer Edition...poor memory support£
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B550 Taichi Razer Edition...poor memory support£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawne32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B550 Taichi Razer Edition...poor memory support£
    Posted: 22 May 2022 at 6:09am
Just bought this B550 Taichi Razer Edition to pair with my 5800X cpu and Team group dark za 32gb (2x16) DDR4-3600 memory. Same memory listed in the QVL list as being compatible at that listed XMP speed.

Memory worked fine in my B550-F Asus ROG STRIX board, but this board, it wont clock higher than 3400 without throwing errors. I have tried numerous different voltage settings and timings, SOC voltage up to 1.2v and have had no luck thus far. Also tried the last 3 bios updates 2.10, 1.6 and 1.5, no luck as well.

Anyone experience these issues with memory? Any solutions? I've seemingly exhausted everything. Kinda disappointed because on the ROG STRIX I literally just turned on DOCP and the memory ran perfectly.
ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2022 at 3:28pm
Dear Spawne32,
Thank you for the posting.

For this case, please refer to the below suggestions to verify the system.
1. Clear CMOS by pressing the CMOS button after removing the 24 pin power cable.
2. Only install CPU, PSU, Cooler, RAM, Graphic card, System disk and enable the XMP Profile to test.
3. Install one stick RAM on each slots by turns to repeat suggestion 2 to check if the problem relates to specific RAM stick or slot.

If the issue persist, please provide the P/N for us, we will check it further.

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
Spawne32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawne32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2022 at 6:08am
I have tried your suggestions with no luck. Are you looking for the PN on the memory? TDZAD432G3600HC18JDC01 is the set of memory I am running.

ASRock_TSD View Drop Down
ASRock_Official
ASRock_Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ASRock_TSD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2022 at 2:07pm
Dear Spawne32,
Thank you for the reply.

We suggest adjusting the DRAM Voltage to 1.4V to try.

For further assistance, you can use our support form to contact us.
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

Thank you,

Best wishes,
ASRock TSD
Spawne32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spawne32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 May 2022 at 12:25pm
Tried 1.4v with no luck. Seems this board just does not properly support 3600mhz memory. Kinda disappointed with this as my Asus board did not have this issue.

Max it will run without WHEA errors is 3200mhz. Have tried all speeds above that with various combinations of voltage using just the XMP profile and nothing works correctly.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic