ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > PC Modding > Project Build&Share
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PC won't power on

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Joker wild Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: PC won't power on
    Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 4:35am
This is the build. http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jokerwild/saved/jJcKHx

not a single thing has changed since its completion. I have had this build since December and it has not failed me. Today, I turned it on, and it froze at the "Starting windows" screen. After an hour it simply shut off. Now, no matter what I do, it simply wont power up. The power supply is plugged in and in the on position, all of the parts are secure, I even went so far as to swap out the power button. Nothing works. If you have any ideas on how I should proceed, please help me.
Askovan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Askovan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 5:48am
Have a similar Problem. My rig wouldnt wake up from sleep mode. psu off and on again now nothing goes. psu is good so is pwrbtn. No idea and i am running intel setup Oo. Wish i could help i can relate!

Ben
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Apr 2016 at 5:55am
Ok so the first thing I would try is to disconnect the power from the system for about an hour, sometimes when a power protection feature is activated it requires the board and PSU to completely discharge before it will allow you to power on again.

I am assuming by the phrasing of your post that when you push the power button nothing happens, no fans, LEDs or beeps. 

If leaving the system disconnected from the wall for an hour does not resolve the issue then you can try clearing CMOS using this method, an hour should be enough at first, if that fails try overnight.

If all else fails post back here and we can look deeper into the issue.
Ghettoblaster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ghettoblaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2016 at 5:08am
I had almost exactly the same problem and thanks to your solution now everything works perfectly.
I've been searching for a solution so long and now finally ! Thumbs Up
Many thanks for your response! Handshake

Edited by Ghettoblaster - 02 Nov 2016 at 5:10am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic