ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD and Intel Graphics Card
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AMD RX 5700 XT Challenger Keeps Failing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Boris Navaja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AMD RX 5700 XT Challenger Keeps Failing
    Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 12:09am
Hi,

I'm Having problems with mu AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT Challenger. It crashes when playing some heavy graphics Video games. Via AfterBurner y ramp up the fans speed but the problem persist. Update the Driver to the lastest available and the problem persist... I don't know if it's a Temperature related issue or whether is a faulty GPU... Can someone please help me find a solution?
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 10:47pm
First try opening the chassis, and point a fan directky onto the graphics card.
If this fixes the problem, it is temperature related, and you shoukld improve airflow over the PCIE slots, which usually have none. putting 2 fans in front, doesn't help, when the air is not vented out over the PCIE slots, and chipset and graphics heat cannot get disipated.
Sometimes, when the PSU is on the bottom of the case, putting it upside down, with the fan on the inside of the case, creates quite some airflow over the PCIE slots.
When heat is not the problem.
Use default BIOS settings. a common issue, are XMP problems, creating instability.
When the problem is fixed with default BIOS settings. it is the XMP profile causing this.
Since I have no idea which chipset you are using, after the Windows installation, always first install the latest chipset driver, and the latest graphics driver.
And one tip, liquid cooling the CPU, is sometimes also the culprit.
Having a CPU on 45 degrees with VRM'snext to it getting above 85 degrees, will cause the system to sometiems drastically throttle down.
By pointing a fan at the VRM's you can also find out if this is maybe the cause
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic