ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X99 Extreme 4 died, how to rescue RAID£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinummember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: X99 Extreme 4 died, how to rescue RAID£
    Posted: 27 Jun 2022 at 5:56pm
My motherboard probably died. Whatever I try, the power supply of the PC won't even start. Anyhow, time for a new motherboard.

The question is however, I had a RAID5. How do I rescue the data? Can I just buy a new motherboard and use the 'recover' option in the Bios? Or is it more complex? And what is the risk of losing everything while trying?
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 9:10pm
Please use the disk in the same sequence, when it comes to the SATA ports they are connected to.
You should set the Storage configuration to RAID, and connect the disks in the same sequence.
With a bit of luck the OS will start, if not, set the BIOS to raid, and install the same OS, temporary on another disk, including chipset drivers, and Rapid storage technology drivers.
After rebooting, power down and connect the RAID disks.
Hopefuly, you can get access to the RAID array
Kind Regards
Platinummember View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Platinummember Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2022 at 10:09pm
Thanks for your help!

Can I do this with any ASRock motherboard or will I need to find a working X99 Extreme 4?

Also, do you think there's any risk that I will lose data on the Raid disks when I follow these instructions but it doesn't work? I mean, suppose I still can't access the array, will I still be able to send the disks to a data recovery company?
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jul 2022 at 11:15pm
That is diffcult to say, I think you would have to google for how to restire RAID 5 on intel platform.
I know that with RAID 1, you can also use 1 disk, in AHCI mode, it will work, RAID 5 is a different story
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic