ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

A758GM-LE/PhenomIIX3 problem

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A758GM-LE/PhenomIIX3 problem
    Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 10:15am
I have an A758GM-LE that has been working fine for years running an Athlon 64 X2 4400 and 4 gigs RAM.  I bought a Phenom II X3 3.2ghtz B77.
Now the machine does nothing.
I know the B77 is not on the CPU list for the MB, but just about ALL the other  CPU's AMD makes is on the list. 
Just wondering about this.
parsec View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parsec Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2015 at 2:54pm
I imagine you bought that processor on eBay or Amazon, right?

That particular Phenom II X3 processor is an AMD "Business Class" processor, used in PCs sold for business use. It was never sold at the consumer, retail level, and is a strictly OEM type product.

Apparently this CPU's microcode is different than the other "Heka" type Core models, so it won't work with the BIOS in your board.

After installing this processor, did you clear the CMOS/BIOS before starting the PC?
salmonline View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmonline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2015 at 11:15pm
Hi.  Yes, I tried everything I could think of.  Then tried again yesterday.  I don't seem to be able to find a M/B that'll admit to being compatible.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic