ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Taichi X399 U.2 PCIe x4 add-on card support£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarpedTrekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Taichi X399 U.2 PCIe x4 add-on card support£
    Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 8:47am
I have a Kingston U.2 DC1000M SSD, and purchased a Startech x4 PCIe adapter card to plug the drive into. Then I installed the card into one of the x16 slots. The Kingston drive is detected in the BIOS. But Windows 11 fails to load and crashes, whenever the card is installed. I tried multiple slots and still Windows crashes. Windows boots fine without the card.

Is there a BIOS setting I need to be changing when adding an x4 PCIe card like this?

I have only one GPU in slot 1, and cards in slot 2 and 3. But none in slot 4 and 5. I tried changing Bifurcation to x4x4x4x4 and nothing helps.
WarpedTrekker View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote WarpedTrekker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jul 2022 at 11:39am
Found the solution. I was able to boot into safe mode. Checked Device Manager. There was a device listed as "AMD RAID BOTTOM DEVICE" under storage controllers. I selected option to choose different driver, and there was one called "NVMe STANDARD". I chose that, rebooted normally fine. Issue resolved.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic