ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T OnBrd/Ext VGA Select Bios mi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T OnBrd/Ext VGA Select Bios mi

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thePeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T OnBrd/Ext VGA Select Bios mi
    Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 10:14pm
Hi, everyone

Here are the components of my build:
- ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T / BIOS P3.40 / BMC 1.24.00
- EPYC 7443P
- 2x Samsung M393A8G40AB2-CWE
- Sabrent Rocket Q4
- Powercolor 6900XT

I am planning to run Proxmox on this, passing the GPU to different OSs.
One of the features that interested me in this motherboard was the onboard graphics, which I was planning to set as primary, to avoid the OS grabbing the PCIe card during boot. In the manual, at page 48, under Chipset Configuration / Advanced, there should be an option OnBrd/Ext VGA Select, to set the Onboard graphics as primary. However, I don?™t have that option! My screen only has one option (at the very top) called Onboard VGA with only Enabled / Disabled options.
Does anyone else have the same BIOS issue as me? How can I set the onboard graphics as primary, so that Proxmox does not grab the PCIe card?

Thanks!

Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2022 at 11:09pm
I would fire off a support ticket to ASRock:
https://event.asrock.com/tsd.asp

It sounds like an issue with your BIOS version, either the setting was removed on
a later update than was used when making the user manual or it was moved/hidden
under another section of the BIOS. ASRock's tech support should be able to help
you out. Sometimes they even send users custom BIOS versions that enable missing
features etc. Typically the next update officially launched will then include
these changes/fixes.

Good luck
thePeter View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thePeter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Aug 2022 at 4:27pm
Thank you!

I have tried downgrading the BIOS to P3.20 and BMC to 01.19.00, but that was even worse - there were no settings for the onboard video at all!
I have opened a support ticket as you suggested on Friday, I hope someone will get in touch soon.

Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic