ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

PC not starting after adding new M.2 SSD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c0p0ut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Mar 2023 at 6:56am
I am having the same problem:

MB: AB350 Pro4
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X
BIOS: 5.8

My computer has the Win10 OS on another drive. I put 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVMe SSD into M1_2 and it gets stuck on the F2/F11 option screen and will go no further. MB is UEFI (Not legacy) and OS drive is GPT. I wanted to use this Crucial drive for game storage, but I just can't get it to work.
sandcrew View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote sandcrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 6:01am
I had same issue with B450M Pro4 but flashing latests BIOS fixed that problem - used 5.7 very grateful to ASRock for their updates for this quite old MB! Kudos!
c0p0ut View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote c0p0ut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by c0p0ut c0p0ut wrote:

I am having the same problem:

MB: AB350 Pro4
CPU: Ryzen 5 1600X
BIOS: 5.8

My computer has the Win10 OS on another drive. I put 4TB Crucial P3 Plus NVMe SSD into M1_2 and it gets stuck on the F2/F11 option screen and will go no further. MB is UEFI (Not legacy) and OS drive is GPT. I wanted to use this Crucial drive for game storage, but I just can't get it to work.

I returned the Crucial P3 Plus (Gen 4) and purchased a 4TB Crucial PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 SSD because tech support said Gen4 would not work, although I informed him they were backwards compatible.

I plugged the new Gen3 into the 1st M.2 slot and again, it gets stuck on the F2/F11 option screen. I can't even get into BIOS. Once I remove the M.2 card, my computer starts up with no issues.

This is a Gen3 card. Why is it not working?
bigwhiteshih View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigwhiteshih Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2023 at 11:06am
Same problem on my Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 board with Crucial P3(Gen3) 1TB M.2 NVMe SSD.

I was using XPG SX8200Pro 512GB M.2 NVMe (as storage, not booting device) without any problem, after changing to Crucial P3, my PC boot with blank screen and no beep. Then I removed Crucial P3, my PC boot up normally.

Finally I update BIOS to the latest version 7.40 (AMD AM4 AGESA Combo V2 PI 1.2.0.7 kernel), voila! problem solved! Crucial P3 works perfectly fine.
BTW my BIOS version was 5.80 (AMD AGESA Combo-AM4 1.0.0.1)
fredd0h View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote fredd0h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2023 at 8:01am
Posting this to hopefully help another find the solution faster. I eventually found this thread via Google search for my problem.

I have an IBUYPOWER BB980 that has the asrock b365m ib-r mobo in it.
I was trying to install a crucial p3 plus PCIe 4.0 NVMe m.2 ssd and if I installed it, the system would hang on the boot screen and not allow F2 to get into bios.

After bios update, mobo recognized the drive and system booted as expected.

Used this to get the bios
https://www.asrock.com/support/index.us.asp?cat=SIBIOS

And this to install it
https://www.asrock.com/support/BIOSIG.asp?cat=BIOS10

Hopefully this helps
wolf2021k View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wolf2021k Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2023 at 3:13am
Originally posted by wolf2021k wolf2021k wrote:

I have the same problem:

Different hardware though,

-B450M Pro4
-Crucial P3 M.2 1TB PCIE Gen3x4 2280
-Ryzen 5 2600X
-Radeon RX580
-BIOS 3.50

Current Bootdrive is Crucial P1 M.2 500GB PCIE Gen3x4 2280, which I want to replace with the above mentioned P3.
After Removing the Crucial P1 and installing the P3 on the same slot the PC stops in at the Bootscreen, and I am unable to even enter Bios, it does not react on any keyboard inputs.

I was hesitating to update the Bios since I have an older CPU, however today I bit the bullet and installed Bios version 5.70 and it works great now.
Quesada View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Quesada Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Aug 2023 at 10:16am
For me the NVME Sanitation Tool fixed it. Run it with the format setting and reinstall Windows.
superjoeprime View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote superjoeprime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Aug 2023 at 2:45am
I had same issue, and my bios was 3.70 i installed Version 3.80 it has m.2 fix. And works now. There is bios fix for everyone.
jwzy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jwzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2023 at 7:07pm
Thank you this worked!

I had this same issue too, was trying to install Crucial P3 500GB onto my ASROCK B450 Pro4 F. Booted and got stuck at the ASROCK logo screen, keyboard inputs don't work.

Updated BIOS from 1.60 to 2.80 and it works now (got the BIOS files from this link https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M%20Pro4-F/#BIOS)
RynosRaceroom View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RynosRaceroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2023 at 7:13am
This is frustrating ! I dont know if I should update the bios return my crucial drive or maybe look at buying a new used motherboard of a different type manufacture. All I hear about is if you're not using an NVMESSD then you're not going as fast as possible. Has anyone found a specific one that works
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic