ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B660M-itx/ac 3 beep

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TobySLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B660M-itx/ac 3 beep
    Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 12:28am
Hey everyone, put together my first build ever, and once i got the mobo in place with the ram and m2 ssd, and the rtx 2060 installed it gave me 3 beeps on start up and nothing displayed. The only info i could find on the beeps is that its a memory error, but that info was titled 2002 so I'd like some info that isn't 2 decades old.

I have an i3 12100f, arctic freezer i13x, corsair vengeance ddr4 16gbs 2 stick, silicon power a60 tb ssd m2 nvme, evga rtx 2060 (which is another discussion), in a thermaltake h18 tower, with evga bq 600w psu.

Does anyone have any solutions or advice to try? Thank you for reading.
TobySLN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TobySLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 5:24am
I figured it out, I hadn't installed the ram properly. Tried again and went from 3 to 4 beeps, then i tried it again after dusting it, went from 4 to 5 beeps haha. But that last time it was just because i had the hdmi in the wrong ports, got it to boot to bios now.
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Sep 2022 at 6:02pm
Thanks for posting back TobySLN. It's always helpful to anyone who searches a
similar issue
TobySLN View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TobySLN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Sep 2022 at 8:32am
No problem. Turns out the 2 decade old info was right after all haha
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic