ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - The motherboard does not work with the new graphic
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

The motherboard does not work with the new graphic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wolter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The motherboard does not work with the new graphic
    Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 10:54pm
Configuration:
Motherboard: ASRock P67 pro3 BIOS 3.40 ( BETA )
Processor: i5 3470 3.2 ghz
RAM: 8x2 hynix 1600 mhz ( 11-11-11-28 )
Video card: gtx 1060 6gb gigabyte windforce OC / gt 240 1gb ddr3
Mouse: Logitech 102
Keyboard: sunrose ( noname )
Motherboard: ASRock P67 pro3

the essence of the problem: Not so long ago I bought a new gtx 1060 6gb graphics card, after which I put it in place of the old gt 240, tried to turn on the computer, the speaker issued 5 short beeps, and the post code is d6, there is no image, after which I tested the gtx 1060 6gb on another motherboard, everything is fine there. I put the gt 240 back into the ASRock P67 pro3 motherboard, the computer turned on, and I was able to enter the bios, I updated the bios, put the gtx 1060 6gb into the motherboard, it didn't help, there is still no image, 5 speaker signals and post code d6. I reset the bios through the button on the motherboard, through the jumper and even through the battery, it didn't help. Sometimes the computer turned on with a gtx 1060 6gb, after I reset the bios through the jumper several times, now it doesn't turn on even like that. I'm sinning on the bios of the video card, could this be a problem? The bios is official, I didn't do anything with it. Before that, the motherboard also worked with AMD radeon rx 470, everything was fine with it, everything started. I tried to wipe the video card's contacts, it didn't help.

P.S sorry for possible errors, translated with the help of a translator.

threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 11:04pm
The PCIE lanes come from the CPU, and are PCI Express revision 2.0, the graphics card is Revision 3.0
SO it can be a compatibility problem, with this 11 year old board.
Sometimes you can check in the BIOS if the PCIE speed can be changed.
But I'm afraid this is not something that can be solved.
Maybe try the support form
https://tw.asrock.com/events/tsd.asp?ln=en
Always check your spam folder for replies, and since there are several P67 pro versions, it is important to let them know exactly which model you have, sometimes the serialnumber can also help them to determine which board it is.
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic