ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

H81M-VG4 matx mobo bios language

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: H81M-VG4 matx mobo bios language
    Posted: 02 Oct 2022 at 11:07pm
I just replace my old mobo with a used h81m-vg4 mobo, but then saw the language was all in chinese. Please advise how to change the language? I desperately need to format my HD.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Oct 2022 at 11:14pm
Usually, when you switch off the power, keep the statrt button pressed for about 20 seconds, and then remove the BIOS batetry for a few minutes, the baord will revert to factory settings, which is uslayy English.
If not, format a USB stick under FAT, download and extract the latest BIOS from the global server on the website.
During boot press f6, to start instant flash, and press enter to start flashing.
Hopefuly you will end up with an English BIOS.
Other option would be to but a preprogrammed BIOS chip
https://www.biosflash.com/BIOS-Chips-ASROCK.htm#up
Watch the notch in the chip, it has to be in the correct orientation
Kind Regards
Lka View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2022 at 6:52pm
Thanks for the reply. Had almost given up waiting. Tried the first method of holding shut down button for 30 secs and remove mobo batt for a few mins - didn't work. Wanted to try the se one method, but been trying to figure out from asrock the site is this bios located at? Does the name of the bios correspond to the name of the model I have? If yes, then I do not see it. If you can help provide me a link on where exactly I can get this would be grand. Thanks again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic