ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Nuvoton NCT6792D+ running hot on Fatal1ty b450

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Nuvoton NCT6792D+ running hot on Fatal1ty b450
    Posted: 03 Nov 2022 at 5:55pm
Hi everyone,

I just upgraded my system with a new PSU and GPU - RX 6700XT.
After setting up the system I checked that all temps are fine since its quite an upgrade from my previous GPU 1050ti and I am running the system in a mini ITX Tower. Therefore I am also using the mITX Asrock Fatal1ty b450.

I am using Open Hardware Monitor to check the temps. CPU and GPU are nice and cool with GPU maxing at 60C at hotspot and CPU also around 60C.
What I did see though is that the Nuvoton NCT6792D+ has quite high temps:
Temperature #2: 123C max
Temperature #3: 44C max
Temperature #4: 114C max
Temperature #5: 115C max

This seems like very high temps and I am wondering how this comes. I never checked the temps in the old setup so I dont know if it was the case in the previous setup too or if it is normal but for me it seems very warm.

It would be great if someone could help me evaluate this. Should I be worried? Do I have to do something and if so what. Maybe also why does it get so hot?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,
Lucas

eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Nov 2022 at 8:01pm
Some of these temperatures are just going to be wrong because there are no standards used by all motherboard manufacturers. If you're using AsRock's own software, I'd think it would show all correct values.

On my Fatl1ty X470, some "TMPIN" are crazy values like 122. Non-issue.

Go into BIOS and look at the temperatures it shows if you want to see what the motherboard really thinks, since the BIOS _should_ be correctly customized to each board.
Mellops View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mellops Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:39pm
Thanks that actually helped a lot. Everywhere else I cant find the high temps so it really just seems to be some wrong readings.

Thanks a lot!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic