ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

ASRock B450 Pro4

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladoCZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ASRock B450 Pro4
    Posted: 06 Nov 2022 at 6:09pm
Hello,

I have a MB mentioned above and Ryzen 5 2600 (Pinnacle Ridge)

I would like to upgrade CPU to Ryzen 5 5500 (Cezanne) and I don't want to broke anything. So I'm not sure about BIOS upgrade steps. The reason for upgrade is to SMA make available .

For now, I have P1.80 version.
If I know, there is added support for AMD 5000 series in BIOS P4.50. But from version 3.60 ASRock not reccomending to instal that or above version, if I using Pinnacle Ridge family of CPU.

So what are correct steps for install?

If I change CPU and BIOS didn't recognize new CPU, flash na P4.50 probably wont be possible.

I thing only opsion is to make upgrade to P4.50 with my Pinnacle Ridge CPU and immediately change CPU to new one. But, what if PC didn't boot? I will not be sure, if there is some incompatibility or flash didn't end succesfully. What if that not reccomendation to flash P4.50 will cause problem already in BIOS and flash with Pinnacle Ridge will not be correct.

Have you any tips how to deal with these problems?

Thank you.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:12pm
When you flash the BIOS to L5.31 it should work also with your current CPU, I would advise to use only 1 memory module in slopt A2, and reset the BIOS to default settings with f9 and save with f10, before flashing.
After reflash, give it some time to synchronize hardware, do not simpy switch it off.
When a BIOS flash goes wrong, there is always an option to send the baord to ASRock, and they can flash it with a special programmer, and can test it.
When using the support form, always check your spam folder, when using gmail.
Kind Regards
VladoCZ View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VladoCZ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Nov 2022 at 3:43am
Thank you for your advices.

I followed them and everythibg works fine.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic