ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Media&User's Review > HTPC & Mini PC
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

x300M-STX no power

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2naPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: x300M-STX no power
    Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:52pm
First of all, I have contacted support with this issue. Purchased at NewEgg 12 days ago. For some reason the X300 will not power up after being shutdown for 5 hours or more. I have to do this to get the unit to power on and boot the next time I use it;

1. Unplug the power plug from the rear of unit and wait a couple seconds, then plug it back in.
2. Press the power button to start (the unit blue LED illuminates, but unit will not boot)
3. Hold to power button until units shuts off, wait a couple seconds and press the power button again. Finally the unit boots normally and have detected no hiccups during operation except for erratic Wi-Fi mouse behavior.

Config:
Ac adapter plugged in a Belkin surge strip, have never had any issues with it when I ran 600W PSU.
Added Internals, 2 sticks of SODIMM 8gb 3200 RAM, Silicon Power A60 version 512gb m.2 NVMe boot drive, 2 SATA3 2.5" SSD's, Samsung 870(500gb) and Crucial MX500(2tb)
Externals, 2 dongles for Wi-Fi KB and mouse (rear USB 2.0 and front USB 3.1 A slot. HDMI cable to monitor.

Not sure what the cause is, maybe a bad power supply AcBel (ACD027) 120W.

I'll update once ASRock gets back to me.
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:04pm
Did you try to update the BIOS
https://www.asrock.com/nettop/Intel/DeskMeet%20B660%20Series/index.us.asp#BIOS
Best would be to disconenct all SATA and M.2, and fit only 1 memory module, and use a wired keyboard and mouse. the USB transceievrs that most keyb/mouse mnanufacturers use, can cause all USB ports, to become disfunctional.
But first test in a minimal configuration, and default BIOS settings
And did you already get a reply from ASrock support?
Kind Regards
2naPC View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2naPC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Nov 2022 at 10:17pm
Yes, did all the troubleshooting you mentioned. Updated the BIOS to 1.70. Did all these things prior to contacting ASRock support. Much, much happier now with Optiplex 3050, i5-7500T for much less dollars and smaller footprint. This will be my last on this subject. Thanks for the reply.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic