ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z690 steel legend ram compability

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ForceX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z690 steel legend ram compability
    Posted: 17 Nov 2022 at 12:02am
I intend to buy this main to use with a 12700f, but I'm currently unsure whether this main is compatible with my DDR4 Corsair CMW32GX4M2Z3600C18 ver 3.43 kit...

I tried to look it up in https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z690%20Steel%20Legend/index.asp#Memory
but could not find my kit there...

Does that mean my DDR4 kit cannot be used with this mainboard ?
cerberus1845 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerberus1845 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2023 at 6:17am
Hi,
it's not currently listed on the QVL - all that means is that ASRock haven't specifically tested it with that setup which means it's not made it's way onto the Qualified Vendors List (QVL) - which means they can't guarantee it will work... Most memory sellers, sell only parts compliant with manufacturing standards set by the Joint Electron Device Engineering Council (JEDEC). This means that even if not included on a QVL, similar parts will comply with JEDEC standards and work even if not tested by the hardware manufacturer prior to a system's release.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic