ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rolling back from 5.30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shark4898 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rolling back from 5.30
    Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 11:55am
Hello, I'm trying to upgrade my CPU from 2600 to 5600. I now have the 5600 in possession but I found out that you need to do a BIOS update so I updated my BIOS from 1.10 all the way to 5.30 without realizing that you had to do an intermediate update(2.0). I tried to roll back the 5.30 update back to 1.10 and then update it to 2.0 then back to 5.30 but in the BIOS, it's giving me the following message ("INVALID FILE") when I try to revert back. Do I have to try and revert back to a previous BIOS update before upgrading to the 5600 or can I just slot it in? If I do have to revert, how should I go about doing it and getting past the error message? My motherboard is an ASROCK B450M Pro4.
shark4898 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shark4898 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 12:09pm
I will like to also mention that I believe I haven't downloaded the wrong bios files for a different motherboard, as they look identical to the 5.30 one I downloaded before.
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Nov 2022 at 7:13pm
Since it updated to 5.30 just fine, I'd say you're good to go.

My guess is that 3.10 to 3.50 needed that intermediate BIOS, but 3.60 and later don't need to. It's just a guess, though.

Ultimately, if you managed to get back into BIOS and it now says 5.30, I can't imagine anything having gone wrong.

Oh, and looks like 5.70 is the latest, with AGESA 1.2.0.7 and some RTX 40-series fix? I have a B550PG-ITX with the latest BIOS and R5-5600 working great, so I'd recommend you go all the way to the latest, but you can always update it after you put the 5600 in there.

Just be careful of the different variation of the motherboard (Original vs. R2.0). But again, I think the motherboard is smart enough to know which BIOS is for it. For example, I have MANY AsRock boards, and I put a bunch of different BIOS files on a USB stick, and when I went into Instant Flash, they always picked the correct file for themselves.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic