ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z690 Steel Legend- Dram issue and no signal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kebin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z690 Steel Legend- Dram issue and no signal
    Posted: 07 Dec 2022 at 12:45am
Hello! I recently purchased an ASRock Z690 Steel Legend WiFi 6E ATX LGA1700 Motherboard for my new PC build.

My other components are:
Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor
Deepcool AK620 68.99 CFM CPU Cooler
TEAMGROUP T-Force Delta RGB 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory
Kingston NV2 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive
XFX Speedster SWFT 319 Radeon RX 6900 XT 16 GB Video Card
Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply
ASUS TUF Gaming 27" 1440P HDR Monitor (VG27AQ1A)

When I booted the computer everything powered on accordingly; RGB on the MB, RAM, fans, GPU fans and cooler turn on as expected.

However, the DRAM LED on the MB stayed on constantly and I get no signal on the monitor from both the HDMI and DP ports. I tried inserting RAM in slot 2 & 4. Tried single RAM and checking it on my friend?™s MB and it wasn?™t defective. I even took out both RAMs and powered on the MB and the DRAM LED was still constantly on.

I?™m wondering if its the BIOS and that the MB and CPU isn?™t compatible, but I am unable to update it since the monitor doesn?™t have signal.

Do I have to flash the BIOS or use a slave cpu to get the latest BIOS for the MB?
I?™m fairly inexperienced when it comes to BIOS and CMOS, so I apologize for any inconveniences!
Thank you in advance!
Rodimus_PRIME View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rodimus_PRIME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Dec 2022 at 3:32pm
I'm having the same issue. Just took everything out of the box and popped in an Intel 12400.
Corsair CX750
Vetroo V5 cooler

I have a GPU but I'm trying to get it to post with onboard graphics 1st. Hasn't gotten to the VGA post anyhow.
cerberus1845 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cerberus1845 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2023 at 5:30pm
have you checked if your RAM is compatible with the motherboard? - i can't see it listed here: https://www.asrock.com/mb/Intel/Z690%20Steel%20Legend/index.asp#Memory
Philosocrates View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Philosocrates Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Mar 2024 at 1:24am
Any update on this? Im having the exact same issue.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic