ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - how to replace thermal paste on ASRock B450M Pro4-
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

how to replace thermal paste on ASRock B450M Pro4-

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demonsiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: how to replace thermal paste on ASRock B450M Pro4-
    Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 2:22pm
Hello. I'm having a problem replacing thermal paste on an ASRock B450M Pro4-F ( https://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/B450M%20Pro4-F/index.ru.asp)motherboard. I have a DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 200T CPU cooler. When I first installed this cooler, I had problems. Because of one thing (as I understand it, this is "cooling the vrm zone"), it took me a very long time to install the cooler, since "cooling the vrm zone" prevented me from doing this. now prevents to remove the cooler to replace the thermal paste. is there any way to remove this thing? or how do i replace the thermal paste
eccential View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eccential Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 9:57pm
It's hard to tell what you're describing, but I'm assuming you're using the clip, and the issue is that the VRM heatsink is in the way, making it hard/impossible to unclip?

I don't have this cooler, but the web images make it look pretty slim. Maybe you can remove any fans attached to the heatsink, and then temporarily unscrew one of the stands that the heatsink clips into. Just two screws per side, and I don't think you need to remove both sides.

If the heatsink still gets in the way (you can't get to the screws), then the only other thing I can think of is to remove the VRM heatsink. This would require access to the back of the motherboard. I think it's just plastic thing you squeeze to get through the hole. Make sure to catch the other spring-loaded side, so it doesn't fly off somewhere.
Demonsiz View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Demonsiz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2022 at 10:08pm
Yes, the radiator prevents me from pressing the clamp and removing the cooler. Thanks for the reply. English is not my primary language, so I use a translator
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic