ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

AB350 Pro4 can't install windows 10/11

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sparko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: AB350 Pro4 can't install windows 10/11
    Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 9:13am
Ok this is my first forum post here. I have owned my Asrock Pro4 AB350 AM4 board for almost 5 years and have been pleased with its performance, even upgraded to a Ryzen 5600x cpu last month. Running latest bios. And it has been great!

But today I woke my PC from sleep and was sent to a blue screen, and wouldn't boot after that. So I reached for my USB windows boot drive and attempted to reinstall both windows 10 and 11, and neither work. I boot from the UEFI- option and it sends me to an Asrock logo with a spinning circle, and then to a Windows blue screen.

Since then I've been searching for solutions from this forum and others, which give a range of answers but I haven't nailed down the solution. Some say disable CSM and it should work - nah it just made my boot screen super terrible ugly. Some say my CPU core is defective? IDK I'll test it in linux later tonight. But what does this forum think?   
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Dec 2022 at 6:15pm
If you are going to use linux live to test anyway, try repairing the boot record.
It sounds like it may have been corrupted. That would make sense given the issue
occurred waking from sleep. If memory serves you should be able to repair the boot
record from within a terminal window. A quick google search should get you sorted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic