ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Internet Connection Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brentleeman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Internet Connection Problems
    Posted: 17 Dec 2022 at 7:52am
Hi All,

This is my last ditch effort. I recently purchased the Z690 Steel Legend Wifi 6E motherboard and cannot for the life of me get connected to the internet. I have tried getting all of the drivers on there and was able to get bluetooth working, but nothing with the Wifi chip or the ethernet port.

I was able to figure out how to install windows 11 without internal so I can at least bounce around in the OS. In my Device Manager the wifi card nor ethernet show up under the Network Adapters, just a bluetooth device and all of the WAN miniports.

I did update my BIOS in order to get it to work with my i5 13600 chip, but I didn't think that would cause any issues with connectivity. I also have tried manually removing and replacing the m.2 wifi chip. Any thoughts as to what might be causing the problem or do I need to return this mobo?

I also submitted a ticket to ASRock support 2 days ago, but I am not convinced they will respond quickly and this rig is supposed to be a christmas gift.

Thanks
j235670 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote j235670 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Feb 2023 at 3:57pm
are you running the motherboard utility? or is it set to run automatically when windows is run ? for some reason on mine its very buggy and drops the connection when its run. try uninstalling it of you can. also is the ethernet enabled in bios and you checked the actual cable ?
J
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic