ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

z690 Steel Legend Wifi 6e Bios FB£

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Harleybokula Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: z690 Steel Legend Wifi 6e Bios FB£
    Posted: 18 Dec 2022 at 2:59am
Hey all! I'm about to put together my first ever build, and have a few questions about bios flash back and windows install. I have a laptop I can download the files and format flsh drives and all that, but I'm having trouble coming accross a rudimentary tutorial on how to actually do it.
Will I have to flash the bios on the asrock steel legend before installing the cpu? From what I gather, all you need to accomplish that, is power to the motherboard, and a freshly formatted fat32 usb stick with the latest version of asrock bios uploaded to it, and rename the file(cant remember off the top of my head.), insert usb to proper usb port, and press the bios flashback button until the led lights up(and continue to blink until it is completed)? At which point you shut of and unplug the usb? How do you shut it off at that point? just flip the switch on the psu, then begin building? I'm sorry for all the questions, just nervous and don't want to mess it up! Thanks!
The only instructions I could find involved having a monitor and everything set up. Whats the EASIEST way to bios flash this particular mobo?
I've seen in some build videos that people sometimes set up certain components together on a test bench prior to building in the case. Is it necessary with all new components, and whats the best way to accomplish this as a first timer.
   Also, at what point do you install the OS? I'll have to go with windows 11, and any way I can save a couple bucks would be great! I've read that I can just download the Windows Install Material from windows' website, and install it from a flash drive(then register it online later on) but when and how do you install windows?
I'm sorry about the newb questions, just really want to get this right!
last parts will arrive by thursday, heres my build list.
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/xGXT78
Just leanring!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic