ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Asrock Taichi 570 and Tech Issue

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoperator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Asrock Taichi 570 and Tech Issue
    Posted: 25 Dec 2022 at 11:35pm
Hi there, I have a Arock Taichi 570 with a Ryzen 3950x, Corsair Vengence 32gb x 2 and Asus 2070 Super video card.

A few months back my PC was off and wouldn't post so I tried the usual things of reseating ram, video card, cleaning PC etc but had no luck but managed to get it working after some ram reseating for the 3rd or so time. So it worked ok for a few months

A few dyas ago however it had done the same thing. Also managed to get it going again.

But now I am having no real luck. If I do get it up, it will only last maybe 15 mins or so.

What it will do is go to boot up and immediately shut off. I have tried changing the ram module, removing the video card completely to cancel that out, and seems that the issue is either the motherboard, ram (unlikely since both modules I have do the same thing, it would prob be unlikely that both are problematic) or the CPU itself. You would think if the CPU is bad that it would just simply not work at all, so it probably leaves the PSU or the motherboard.

If I was to come to a conclusion, I would lean on it being a motherboard but maybe other people have some ideas?

I am so tired as been on my feet trying to work this out for the last 16 hours straight so I apologise if I am not making any sense and appreciate any help.

If its the motherboard bad for certain, I'd just go out and buy another one but would rather know for certain.

Many thank for anyone can help assist working out what the issue might be. If I had spare parts I would be able to narrow it down but I moved from using a notebook for 15+ years to a desktop.
theoperator View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoperator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 5:29pm
Its possibly that it could be the power supply?

For this model motherboard (The Taichi x570) when I turn on my PSU switch, the RESET and POWER buttons on the motherboard are supposed to illuminate? I cannot remember if this occurs after you press the power button on the case or if they illuminate after you press on the PSU power.

If so, it does not illuminate with my PSU turned on. Can you advise what the normal operation is?

Thanks
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 5:54pm
Testing another PSU is always cheaper and easier than RMAing the CPU. I would give
it a shot regardless before RMAing the CPU. Without knowing the PSU you are using
I will suggest double checking your connections, make sure you have the correct
8 pin CPU power connector in use (4+4 not 6+2). If that all checks out, try another
PSU, even a cheap unit (not a brandless though). All you need is to determine if
the symptoms remain the same or go away.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoperator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Dec 2022 at 11:47pm
Thanks for the tip.

I ordered a PSU and should be here later in the week.

I tried the paperclip test which seemed to have the same functionality when turning on with it connected to the Taichi, that it would power a little and then turn off and then will not power again for some time (thought I am waiting to test it again)

Can I ask you, if the power supply is functional, does the Power and Reset buttons on the Taichi board illuminate, or is that only after you press the power button on the case? I can't remember if it illuminates when you press on only the PSU power or not.

Cheers
Xaltar View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xaltar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 1:48am
My x570 Taichi's onboard power and reset don't light up at all, I don't think they are backlit. I may have a different revision though, I got mine at launch.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theoperator Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 2:09am
Ah ok thanks. Must be the revision then.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic