ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - B450: Full HD BIOS not working with disabled CSM
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

B450: Full HD BIOS not working with disabled CSM

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belegdol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: B450: Full HD BIOS not working with disabled CSM
    Posted: 27 Dec 2022 at 7:27pm
Hello,

on my Fatal1ty B450 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard and 5.20 BIOS, the Full HD BIOS option is not working when I disable CSM. This is unfortunate, as CSM needs to be disabled for Secure Boot to be enabled. I have an Nvidia RTX 2070 GPU and the Gigabyte M34WQ monitor is connected via DisplayPort. With Full HD BIOS set to Auto, the resolution is 1920x1080 with CSM mode enabled but only 1366x768 with it disabled.
I found this thread:
https://forum.asrock.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3108&PN=2&title=wrong-resolution-in-uefi-setup-menu
but it mentions that disabling CSM fixes the resolution issue, not breaks it.
klaro923 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote klaro923 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 6:02pm

Hi,
I also have the same Board witch CSM off and when i switch off the ASRock Logo screen (to have the conventional windows logo instead of ASRock), this is also low resolution.

Going back to 4.80 fixes this.

I have opened a support ticket for that and was told that this was given to the ASRock BIOS department. Maybe you should also contact support so they have more "complaints" and so a fix could be more reasonable.
belegdol View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote belegdol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 7:38pm
I have sent a report via the support page, let's see if it helps.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic