ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > AMD Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - X670E PG Lightining stuck on boot when restarting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

X670E PG Lightining stuck on boot when restarting

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sstandfast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2023 at 8:29am
Re-enabling EXPO still works.
ASRock X670e PG Lightning
AMD Ryzen 9 7950X
DeepCool LS520 240mm Liquid Cooler
2x G.Skill F5-5600J3636C16G
WD Black SN850X HS 2TB
WD Black SN850X 1TB
MSI Radeon RX 6750 XT MECH 2X 12G OC
Win 11 Pro
psychic717 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote psychic717 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2023 at 10:41pm
So, I got back a new motherboard after a month, the store had to send me one since from ASRock there was no response after 30 days.

I reinstalled everything and the first thing I do is restart the system to see if I still have the issue...and it still happens.
So the only thing that could be is the RAM kit, even though it is listed on the Memory QVL and it's stable on every stability test I ran.
So I bought a new RAM kit, this time EXPO instead of XMP and it's also Hynix instead of Samsung and everything works fine. I restarted several times now with EXPO applied and the settings are always applied correctly and no more being stuck (CPU/DRAM leds stay on) after restarting either.

Just wanted to leave this here if someone else has similar issues. My theory is that my kit and most likely some other RAM kits are not compatible with these motherboards. I've seen some posts on reddit with B650 boards as well experincing the exact same issue with XMP RAM kits, so it is most likely this.
I've reported my findings on an ASRock support ticket so that this can be looked at.
Everything is fine now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic