ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Z790 Taichi Carrara only resume sleep power button
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

Z790 Taichi Carrara only resume sleep power button

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdeckard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Z790 Taichi Carrara only resume sleep power button
    Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 4:04am
On Bios 4.12, brand new PC. I'm unable to resume from sleep using mouse or keyboard, only the power button. All the wake options are enabled in the BIOS and for mouse/keyboard in Windows 11 Device Manager. Using High Performance power plan and USB selective suspend is enabled. This is all just like my old Windows 10 box that works fine resuming via keyboard.
Seems like the issue is the board cuts off all standby power to the USB ports as if the 'deep sleep' option is enabled in the BIOS except it isn't.
rdeckard View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rdeckard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Dec 2022 at 3:10am
I've largely figured this one out in case it helps anyone in the future. It does still seem that the board kills standby power to the USB 3.x ports during sleep but after I moved mouse/keyboard to the USB 2.0 ports I was able to resume from sleep as expected.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic