ASRock.com Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Technical Support > Intel Motherboards
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search Search  Events   Register Register  Login Login

XMP Profile Causes Slow Boot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mufaafat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: XMP Profile Causes Slow Boot
    Posted: 29 Dec 2022 at 10:16am
Hey folks,

Whenever I turn on the XMP 2.0 Profile in bios, the boot process gets extremely slow. The Asrock splash screen takes 10-15 seconds to show up before it proceeds to load Windows, whereas it would normally take 2-3 seconds. There is no stability issues after it lauches into Windows, however. The XMP causes the RAM to run at 3560 frequency.

I have tried enabling MRC but that doesn't seem to help. I am not sure what's going and would appreicate any help!

PC Specs:
Intel i5 11400
Asrock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4
RTX 3080
2x G.Skill Trident Z Royal Elite F4-3600C16D-16GTEGC
threadzipper1957 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote threadzipper1957 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2023 at 10:30pm
The memory controller is NOT on the board, it is integrated in the CPU, and runs optimal at 3200MHz
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/212270/intel-core-i511400-processor-12m-cache-up-to-4-40-ghz.html
running it at 3600, will not do anything for overall performance, betetr use XMP, but set the DRAM speed to 3200MHz
Extreme Memory Profile is overclocking for dummies, it's a set of values, that is supposed to work with all of the thousands of combinations of Chipset, CPU, and mainboards, from all manufacturers, it is not guarranteed
At best, it is supposed to work
And Gskil is not a true memory manufacturer
https://www.crucial.com/support/articles-faq-memory/truth-about-memory-manufacturers
Kind Regards
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic